Say What: They Want How Much For An Autographed “Carter 4″ Jersey?
Rucuss staffOctober 23, 2012
Rapper Jay-Z continues to capitalize off the hype of the Brooklyn Nets new home, the Barclays Center.
After performing a series of concerts at the Barclays Center, Jay-Z is auctioning off limited edition “Carter 4” Brooklyn Nets jerseys he wore during his performances. The rapper, whose real name is Shawn Carter, is a minority owner of the basketball team that moved from New Jersey to Brooklyn this year.
There will be 10 limited edition “Carter 4″ Brooklyn Nets jerseys with his signature auctioned off in an effort to raise money for his Shawn Carter Foundation, the New York Daily News reports.
Jigga, who has teamed up with NBA.com, will auction off five home jerseys and five road jerseys which features his signature, along with the message ‘Peace, Jay-Z” on the size tag of the jersey.
The auction began Wednesday at auctions.NBA.com and each auction will end on Oct. 31. The bids for the jerseys began at $500, and so far the highest bid on one of the jersey’s is a little over $1,000.
Photos via GQ, Highsnobiety.com
More from Rucuss
- Jay-Z Expands Empire, Launches Roc Nation Sports [Details]
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Sit Courtside at Miami Heat Game [Photos]
- Prince’s Estate Rejects Jay Z’s Bid for Unreleased Music Catalog [Details]
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Jay Z Pressured To End Barneys Partnership After Profiling Incident [Details]
- Jay Z Defends Barneys New York Deal After Racial Profiling Allegations