Say What: Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood Hate Each Other! [Details]
Rucuss staffFebruary 8, 2013
Country singers Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood may be the top-selling singers in their genre, but that is as far as it gets when it comes to being close.
Swift will reportedly be kept separated from Underwood at the Grammy Awards on Sunday night. According to Us Weekly, Swift finds Carrie “rude.” An insider told the magazine, “Taylor feels Carrie is always rude to her, so she steer clear of her” (sic).”
A Grammy spokesman denied the report. In a response to the story they said, “no requests were received from either artist.”
But the denial hasn’t stopped the chatter about the singers’ hatred for one another. In last month’s issue of Allure magazine, Underwood said she’s ‘not close’ to Swift although they “run into each other at events.”
The alleged rivalry began at last year’s Country Association Awards show. Underwood poked fun at Swift’s split from Conor Kennedy.
Underwood’s cohost Brad Paisely began the dialogue with,”The greatest trade of the year had to be the Kennedy family. They somehow traded Arnold Schwarzenegger for Taylor Swift. I mean, what they got for that . . .”
Underwood interrupted Paisey and said Swift and Kennedysplit. Paisley then asked: “What? Why don’t I ever hear about these things? I’m the last one to know. Are they ever gonna get back together?”
Underwood replied, ‘We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together’ by saying: “Never, never, never. Never ever.”
Swift is expected to open the Grammys on Sunday, so we’ll have to wait and see how far a part these two end up.
Photos via Gossip Cop and New York Daily News
More from Rucuss
- Couple Alert: Taylor Swift, One Directions’ Harry Styles on Date [Photos/Video]
- Taylor Swift, Harry Styles Call It Quits After ‘Blow-Up Fight’ [Details]
- Chelsea Handler: Taylor Swift is a Virgin, Angelina Jolie is a Demon! [Video]
- Taylor Swift Celebrates 25th Birthday with Beyoncé, Jay Z, & Justin Timberlake [Details]
- Kim Kardashian Posts Video of Kanye West & Taylor Swift’s ‘Famous’ Discussion
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]