Say What! Shaquille O’Neal Set To Graduate With Doctorate Degree In Education
Rucuss staffMay 2, 2012
Former NBA player Shaquille O’Neal is scheduled to graduate from Miami’s Barry University on Saturday with a doctorate degree in education.
The TNT analyst is not getting a PhD but a Ed.D., in Leadership in Education with a specialization in Human Resource Development. The department chair Dr. David M. Kopp told the Miami Times that instead of a dissertation, Shaq worked on a “Capstone Project.”
Shaq managed to find the time between his TNT gig, writing a book and his other engagements to study the effects of humor, and seriousness, in leadership styles.
“He’s a very impressive guy, very inquisitive, and it’s a pleasure to have him as a student,” Kopp said. “I think the degree will serve as an example for others, and he should be very proud of himself.”
Shaq will be in attendance on Saturday in full graduation gear at the BankUnited Center in Coral Gables. You can now refer to Shaq as ‘Dr. O’Neal.’
More from Rucuss
- It’s Official, Shaq Becomes Dr. O’Neal! [Photos]
- Shaq Tries to Clear Up “Respectful Cheater” Comment, Says He’s a Better Man Now
- Shaq Busts His Ass Trying to Run On TNT [Video]
- Will Ferrell Ejects Shaquille O’Neal From Staples Center [Video]
- Shaquille O’Neal Rips Dwight Howard For Signing With a ‘Little Town’ like Houston [Video]
- Shaq, Waka Flocka, And More Under Fire For Making Fun Of Handicapped Man’s Selfie