Say What! Jennifer Hudson Admits to Getting Lip Injections!
Rucuss staffSeptember 7, 2012
Jennifer Hudson may have won an Academy Award for her role in Dream Girls.
But the transition from singer to Hollywood wasn’t the easiest. In a promo clip for Oprah’s Next Chapter, Hudson who has one of the pucker worthy pouts in the industry reveals she had to get a lip injection for her Dreamgirls’ role.
“When I did Dreamgirls I actually had to get my dent right here injected because it was affecting the lighting,” Hudson told Oprah. “And when I got it done the doctor was like ‘I do not want to do this do you realize people come in here and pay to have the lips you have naturally.’ And I was like, ‘I don’t want to but I have to for the movie!'”
Hudson also revealed that she was surprised by how her personal standards contrasted with celebrity standards.
“Already I had lost like 60 pounds then (2006), I was exercising everyday I got down to a size 12 and I got to Hollywood and they were like, ‘How do you feel being the big girl?'” Hudson said. “And I was like, ‘Who are they talking to?’ I literally looked around like this is normal, this is fine, this is average, where I come from it’s totally fine, so I couldn’t understand.”
Hudson’s interview with Winfrey airs Sunday at 9 p.m. on OWN.
More from Rucuss
- Oprah Steals Car and Gets Into Fist Fights on Jimmy Kimmel Live! [Video]
- 2012 Oscars: Jennifer Lopez & Cameron Diaz Show Off Butts, Possible Nip Slip [Video]
- Wale Blasts Jennifer Hudson’s Fiance David Otunga Over Twitter Comment! [Details]
- Jennifer Lawrence Falls Onstage at 2013 Academy Awards [Video]
- Oprah, Prince, Nicki Minaj, Blake Lively, Jessica Alba & More Attend Versace For H&M Launch (Photos & Video)
- Nicki Minaj Goes Off On Facialist!