Say What: DJ Khaled Proposes to Nicki Minaj! [Video]
Rucuss staffJuly 25, 2013
DJ Khaled is in love with Cash Money labelmate Nicki Minaj.
The Miami DJ is ready to settle down so he decided to propose to Minaj. Although Minaj is rumored to be married to her longtime boyfriend Safaree, DJ Khaled decided to propose to the Starships rapper anyway. He enlisted the help of MTV News to propose to her via a videotaped message.
“I love you, I like you. I want you, I want you to be mine,” Khaled said into the camera. “I’ma be honest with you, I wanna marry you.”
Then Khaled reveals a sparkly ring and pops the question.
“Nicki Minaj, will you marry me?,” he said.
Although the proposal screams publicity stunt, he insists that he’s serious.
“You need a man like me in your life that’s gonna take care of you and respect you,” he said.
Khaled, who was on set for Busta Rhymes and Minaj’s new video Twerk It, claims he wanted to propose to Minaj last year on set of the video for Take It to the Head. His new album Suffering From Success drops September 24. No word whether Minaj has accepted his proposal.
Watch Khaled’s proposal below.
More from Rucuss
- Nicki Minaj Laughs Off DJ Khaled Proposal, Says He Was Kidding! [Details]
- Nicki Minaj is Turnt Up For Boyfriend Safaree Birthday at Perfections Strip Club [Photos]
- Nicki Minaj, Safaree, Busta Rhymes & More Celebrate Fourth of July on a Yacht [Photos]
- Nicki Minaj, Meek Mill Reportedly Engaged, Posts Engagement Ring
- Nicki Minaj Blasts PARTYNEXTDOOR Over Ghostwriting Insinuations [Details]
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Go Public With Relationship [Details]