Dennis Rodman Says Kim Jong Un is His Friend, Wants Obama to Call the North Korea Leader [Video]
Rucuss staffMarch 4, 2013
North Korea leader Kim Jong Un has publicly vowed to annihilate the United States.
But that didn’t seem to worry former Chicago Bulls star Dennis Rodman when he recently visited the country. It also didn’t seem to faze Rodman that North Korea is a closed communist state, a rogue nuclear power that regularly threatens war and starves its own people in prison camps.
No, Rodman thought it was a good idea to hang out with Kim during his trip to North Korea with the Harlem Globetrotters. Rodman was in North Korea for an exhibition game, which ended in a 110-110 tie om Feb. 28.
Kim threw a feast for the group, which included food and liquor, after the game. In an interview on ABC News’ This Week, Rodman defended his trip and his friendship with Kim. He told host George Stephanopoulos: “I don’t condone what he does, but as far as a person to person, he’s my friend.”
Rodman, who wore is Money Team jacket, said he planned to go back to North Korea to “find out more what’s really going on.” Watch Rodman’s interview below.
More from Rucuss
- Dennis Rodman Enters Rehab For Alcohol Problems
- Former NBA Star Dennis Rodman is Broke, Sick and Behind on Child Support! [Details]
- Tyson Chandler, Joakim Noah Ejected After Altercation, Carmelo Anthony & Knicks Coach Tossed Too [Video]
- Man Proposes To Chicago Bulls Cheerleader, Dressed As ‘Benny The Bull’ Mascot [Video]
- Former NBA Player Stephen Marbury Honored With Statue in China [Photos]
- Chicago Bulls Star Carlos Boozer’s New Spray On Hair [Photos]