Say What! Basketball Wives Producers Plan to Sue Jennifer Williams
Rucuss staffApril 30, 2012
Basketball Wives star Jennifer Williams will be spending quite a bit of money on legal fees.
The Basketball Wives producers are allegedly not happy that Williams has been bashing the show. They are currently looking into filing a lawsuit against Williams for publicly trashing the show, TMZ reports.
Jennifer has been making the rounds going on several radio shows bashing the show for its negative portrayal of African-American women. In response to Jennifer’s media blitz, the producers believe she’s in breach of her contract.
Producers feel Jennifer’s lawsuit is frivolous and her contract says she waives such a right to sue based on physical confrontations. Moreover, her show-bashing is in violation of her contract, which forbids cast members from doing media appearances or press without approval. Producers believe she is “ruining the brand” they worked so hard to build.
Basketball Wives producers and Williams came at odds when she sued Evelyn Lozada’s assistant Nia Crooks for slapping her in the face while taping an episode.
Williams officially filed the civil complaint on April 25 th sighting Crooks was “negligent, reckless and careless.” According to court papers, Williams sustained “serious injuries” and “suffered pain, shock [and] mental anguish” after being slapped by Crooks as the cast and VH1 crew members tried to break up the fight. She’s seeking unspecified monetary and punitive damages from Crooks.
Several stars of the VH1 show are not happy with the lawsuit against Crooks and they are refusing to tape the reunion show with Williams. A source told TMZ that some of the cast members are convinced that Jennifer’s lawsuit was filed out of spite and desperation to keep drama going to secure a spot on the show next season.
More from Rucuss
- Basketball Wives Stars Boycotting Reunion Show Over Lawsuit [Details]
- Tami Roman Lied on Basketball Wives Season Finale, Sister 2 Sister Says She Never Read Transcripts [Details]
- Basketball Wives: Evelyn’s Assistant Files Charges Against Jennifer For Key Theft
- Basketball Wives: Evelyn Lozada Tells Her Side of the Story
- Basketball Wives: Royce Reed Says Evelyn Lozada is ‘Mentally Slow and a Hypocrite! [Details]
- Basketball Wives Star Evelyn Lozada Writes Letter To 7 Year Old Self: ‘I Will Try To Be Better’