Ryan Reynolds Gives Denzel Washington His First Black Eye On Set
Peaches GrantJanuary 30, 2012
Denzel Washington’s looks weren’t up to par for a few days of filming his new movie.
The Oscar award winner sported a big shiner on his face. Washington had a black eye after a fight scene where he and ‘Safe House’ costar Ryan Reynolds were scrapping in a moving car. Washington did his best to explain how Reynolds accidently punched him in the face.
“There’s a scene where I reach over to try and choke him where I have my handcuffs on and we were flying around in the car,” Washington told Contactmusic.com. “He wasn’t actually driving the car but it just happened – as I was reaching forward he was flying back. He went, pow! I never had a black eye in my life but I can’t say that anymore!”
“That was my early retirement… It was weird to feel my face on fire,” he added.
Reynolds thought his career was over after it happened. He feared was going to be fired on the spot. But it didn’t happen. Washington was a good sport about the situation.
More from Rucuss
- Denzel Washington Reveals Secret to 31 Year Marriage
- Denzel Washington Goes Clubbin, Spends $5,000 on Bar Tab
- The Onion Apologizes After it Posts Vulgar Tweet About Quvenzhane Wallis [Details]
- Driver Feels Awful After Hitting Reece Witherspoon
- Mary J. Blige Claims Estranged Husband Won’t Return Cars and Grammy
- Kanye West Meets with Donald Trump [Details]