Royce Reed Wants Judge Removed From Custody Case With Dwight Howard
Rucuss staffMarch 18, 2012
Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard and Basketball Wives star Royce Reed are involved in a nasty custody case.
Although Howard has been pretty fickle about choosing a NBA team for the long haul, the center is certain that he wants primary custody of his four-year old son, Braylon. Judge Tim Shea has been appointed to the case, but Royce is not happy with the selection. Royce has filed a motion to remove Shea from the case.
In Reed’s motion, she claims Shea has it out for women who have children out-of-wedlock with professional athletes. According to TMZ, Reed claims Shea wouldn’t let her present her side during a court hearing last month.
Reed’s lawyer also filed an affidavit saying that during the hearing, Judge Shea said he would award Howard custody, then decided to delay his decision, despite the fact no evidence had been presented. Reed also claim it’s a conflict of interest since Shea’s own website lists one of Howard’s lawyers, Mayanne Downs, as one of his endorsers.
Howard filed for full custody earlier in the month because he claims Royce interferes with his relationship with their son and makes it difficult for him to see Braylon on his scheduled days.
A few media sources speculate that Howard filed for full custody after Reed posted a photo on Twitter of his son and her new boyfriend Dexmon Briscoe of the Tampa Bay Bucs.
Howard has other children but he hasn’t asked for custody of them. Hmmm.
More from Rucuss
- Judge Refuses to Step Down in Dwight Howard-Royce Reed Custody Case
- Royce Reed Says Dwight Howard Has Eight Baby Mamas! [Details]
- Basketball Wives: Shaunie O’Neal Blindsided By Firings
- Basketball Wives: Jennifer Williams, Royce Reed & Kesha Nichols Will Not Be Returning
- Dwight Howard Cleared Of Child Abuse Allegations, Royce Reed Says Case Still Open
- Royce Reed Says Dwight Howard is Putting Their Son’s Health in Danger! [Details]