Robert De Niro Confronts Jay Z at Party, Jigga Tries to Joke His Way Out Of It! [Details]
Rucuss staffNovember 15, 2012
Actor Robert De Niro doesn’t appreciate it when his phone calls aren’t returned.
Just ask Jay Z. The Jigga man felt De Niro’s wrath at Leonardo DiCaprio’s birthday party in New York. A source told Page Six that “Bob was sitting at a table, and when Jay-Z went over to say hello, De Niro told Jay that he never called him back.”
Jigga allegedly “tried to joke his way out of the situation…but De Niro wouldn’t back down.” Then, according to “a spy” that overheard their conversation, De Niro complained to the rapper that he was reaching out to discuss the song that Jay had agreed to record for the Tribeca Film Festival.
“Bob wasn’t in the mood to make polite conversation,” the source told Page Six. “He told Jay that if somebody calls you six times, you call them back. It doesn’t matter who you are, that is just rude.”
De Niro’s camp tried to downplay the meeting. A friend of the actor told the Post that “it was a low-key private conversation that was apparently overheard. It was not a heated discussion.”
Photos via FoxNews
More from Rucuss
- Jay Z has Front Row Seat at Jets-Cowboys Game
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Kanye West Hospitalized in L.A. [Details]
- Rihanna and Leonardo DiCaprio Spotted Getting Cozy in the Club [Photos]
- Jay-Z and Damon Dash Reunite in New York! [Photos]
- Leonardo DiCaprio Celebrates Birthday in NY, Kanye West, 2 Chainz Performs [Photos]