Rihanna Wears Givenchy Dress to Barbados Hospital Donation Ceremony [Photos]
Rucuss staffDecember 24, 2012
Pop star Rihanna gave $1.75 million to a Barbados hospital in honor of her late grandmother.
Rihanna gave the generous gift to Bridgetown’s Queen Elizabeth Hospital in memory of her granmother, who she called Gran Dolly on Saturday. Her grandmother passed away from cancer during the summer.
“This was my way of giving back to Barbados, in a form of philanthropy, by assisting the QEH in its continued modernization program,” Rihanna told E! News in a statement. “I believe that this will have a huge impact on the people of Barbados. This was all done to save lives, or at least extend them.”
RiRi’s donation will be used to buy three pieces of medical equipment for the cancer treatment center. The department will also be renamed after Rihanna’s grandmother–the Clara Braithwaite Centre for Oncology and Nuclear Medicine.
Rihanna looked stunning at the event in a $1,190 shirtdress by Givenchy.
The crisp white dress has long sleeves with pleated and draped details.
Hours before the ceremony, RiRi was spotted on her balcony wearing a Charlie by Matthew Zink Chevron Monokini.
Photos via BecauseIamFabulous, E! News, FashionBombDaily and Instagram
More from Rucuss
- Rihanna Half-Naked & Partying on Streets of Barbados For Carnival [Photos]
- Rihanna Wears Diamond-Studded Bikini at Kadooment Day Parade [Photos/Video]
- Versace Accused Of Discrimination, Using ‘Secret Code’ For Black Shoppers
- 2014 Met Ball: Rihanna, Beyonce, Tom Brady, Kim Kardashian & More [Photos]
- Rihanna Promotes ‘Nude’ Fragrance in Nini Nguyen Lace Dress [Photos]
- Splurge on the Look: Amber Rose’s Givenchy Pansy Shirt