Rihanna To Play Whitney Houston In Biopic?
Rucuss staffFebruary 26, 2012
Whitney Houston’s mentor Clive Davis is planning a biopic about the late singer’s life as a tribute.
Davis and his producers have already pulled together a list of talent they are considering for the role, and at the top of the wish list is Rihanna. Vivica Fox, Jennifer Hudson, Brandy and Jordin Sparks, who co-starred with Houston in her final film ‘Sparkle’ is also on the list. Willow Smith is being considered to play the superstar as a child.
This biopic was in the works before Houston’s death and Davis is determined to keep the project moving forward.
“Clive wants to get the script done and start filming as soon as possible,” a source told People UK. “Whitney knew about the project and was excited to see where it would lead.”
RiRi has already turned down an offer to remake Houston’s ‘The Bodyguard,” so a starring role in Houston’s biopic is probably unlikely. RiRi makes her acting debut in a small role in the action film ‘Battleship,’ which is set to be released later this year.
Rihanna has yet to confirm or deny the rumors.
More from Rucuss
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose Kiss, Hold Hands at Pre-Grammy Party [Details]
- Whitney Houston’s Family ‘Stunned’ That Clive Davis Had Pre-Grammy Party [Details]
- Ray J Parties With Brandy the Night of Whitney Houston’s Sudden Death [Photos]
- Music Legend Whitney Houston Dead at 48
- Willow Smith Rocks Short Spiked Hairdo in New York [Photos]
- First Look: Yaya DaCosta as Whitney Houston in Lifetime Biopic