Rihanna to Design First Clothing Collection [Details]
Rucuss staffJuly 17, 2012
Rihanna is designing her first clothing line.
The 24-year old is teaming up with British retailer River Island to bring a ready to wear collection in Spring 2013. According to River Island’s website, employees behind the brand are “all huge fans of Rihanna’s style” and were “flattered…when she approached us about working together and bringing our fashion experience to her range.”
RiRi, who has an upcoming U.K. fashion design reality show Styled To Rock, announced the new venture on her website on Monday.
“I’ve been wanting to design my own collection for some time,” Rihanna said in a statement on the store’s website. “River Island is the perfect partner for me to collaborate with and working with a British, family run business also really appealed to me. I find London really inspiring and River Island loves to have fun with clothes. I’m looking forward to working with them and creating something really special.”
More from Rucuss
- Versace Accused Of Discrimination, Using ‘Secret Code’ For Black Shoppers
- Wiz Khalifa Debuts BASH Clothing Line Inspired by His Son [Photos]
- Ladies Golf Apparel: Some Great Looks On The Course This Spring
- Rihanna Teams Up With Stance For Limited Edition Sock Line [Details]
- FASHION WEEK: Badgley Mischka Spring 2012
- Jessica Simpson Will Launch Maternity Clothing Line in Fall [Photos]