Rihanna Rocks See-Through Dress At CFDA Awards, Honored As Fashion Icon
Rucuss staffJune 3, 2014
Rihanna left little to the imagination at the 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards at Lincoln Center in New York.
Rihanna turned heads in a sheer custom-made dress designed by Adam Selman. The dress, which was covered in 216,000 Swarovski crystals barely covered Rihanna breasts. The singer wore a nude thong underneath. The Pour It Up singer also wore a Adam Selman headscarf, gloves, a pink fur stole to cover her lady parts and a Jacob & Co. ring
Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour presented RiRi with the 2014 Fashion Icon Award. Previous honorees include Lady Gaga, Kate Moss, Nicole Kidman, Iman, Chrissy Teigen, Rachel Roy and Johnny Depp.
“Growing up fashion was a defense mechanism,” said Rihanna while accepting the award. “As a child I remember saying: she can beat me but she can’t beat my outfit.”
Others in attendance include Solange, Jennifer Hudson, Lupita Nyong’o, Naomi Campbell, Anna Wintour Check out a few more photos from the event below.
Chick loves to push the limit. Not mad.
Watch Rihanna twerk and give acceptance speech below.
Photos via YBF
More from Rucuss
- Rihanna to Paparazzi: ‘Free Tickets These Nuts’ [Video]
- Did Jessie J Diss Rihanna Over Half Naked Instagram Photos?
- Rihanna, Kate Moss Get Naked, Fondle Each Other For V Magazine [Photos}
- Rihanna Silences Beyoncé Feud Rumors [Details]
- Rihanna Promotes ‘Nude’ Fragrance in Nini Nguyen Lace Dress [Photos]
- Rihanna Becomes Dior’s First Black Spokesmodel