Rihanna on Chris Brown: ‘I Was More Concerned About Him’ [Video]
Rucuss staffAugust 16, 2012
Rihanna admits she was more concerned about Chris Brown after he attacked her in 2009.
In an emotional interview with Oprah, Rihanna opens up about Brown and how she felt about him after he brutally assaulted her three years ago. She reveals that she was worried about how people would view him.
“I lost my best friend,” Rihanna said. “Everything I knew switched … switched in a night and I couldn’t control that. So I had to deal with that, and that’s not easy for me to understand or interpret. It’s not easy to interpret on camera. Not with the world watching.
It was a weird, confusing space to be in. Because as angry as I was, as angry and hurt and betrayed, I just felt like he made that mistake because he needed help and who’s going to help him? Nobody’s going to say he needs help. Everybody’s going to say he’s a monster without looking at the source, and I was more concerned about him.”
Hopefully, this will be Rihanna’s final teary-eyed interview about the assault. It’s been three years. The interview airs at 9 p.m. Sunday on Oprah’s Next Chapter on OWN.
More from Rucuss
- Oprah Says She’s Not Surprised About Rihanna and Chris Brown [Video]
- Rihanna to Oprah: ‘I Still Love Chris Brown’ [Video]
- Rihanna Covers Rolling Stone: “If [Chris Brown] Screws Up, I’ll Walk”
- Joan Rivers Slams Rihanna For Still Loving Chris Brown, Calls Her a Idiot! [Details]
- OWN Scores Big Ratings With Rihanna Interview
- Rihanna Argues With Fan on Twitter, She Loves Tweefing!