Rihanna Drops Out of Lollapalooza Colombia Over Zika Virus Concerns [Details]
Rucuss staffJuly 4, 2016
Rihanna is not risking her health for money.
Lollapalooza Columbia has been canceled after RiRi pulled out due to concerns regarding the Zika virus. Organizers decided to call off the inaugural festival in the country because they didn’t have time to find a headlining replacement, Consequence of Sound reports.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the Zika virus can cause birth defects, fever, rashes, pain, and red eyes. It primarily spreads through bites from infected mosquitos. It can also be transmitted sexually or through pregnancy.
Concerns around the Zika virus are heightened these days, particularly in parts of South America. In February, the World Health Organization called Zika a public health emergency of international concern as the virus continues to spread. Like Rihanna, many have voiced concerns regarding the virus.
Rihanna is currently on the “ANTI World Tour.” She’ll be spending her Fourth of July performing in Stockholm, Sweden before continuing the European leg through Aug. 21.
Lollapalooza began as an event in Chicago, but has since expanded to other countries, which include Brazil, Argentina and Chile.
Lollapalooza hasn’t ruled out potential future festivals in Colombia.
More from Rucuss
- Rihanna Silences Beyoncé Feud Rumors [Details]
- Rihanna Rocks Out Crowd in Brazil
- Rihanna Asked to Leave Mosque Over Inappropriate Photos [Details]
- Woman Claims Rihanna’s MAC Lipstick Gave Her Herpes, Suing Company! [Details]
- Rihanna Signs Deal With MAC Cosmetics [Details]
- Rihanna Offered $8 Million to Turn on Christmas Lights! [Details]