Rihanna Becomes Dior’s First Black Spokesmodel
Rucuss staffMarch 16, 2015
Rihanna has become the first black woman to be the face of an iconic fashion house.
RiRi will star in the next installment of Dior’s Secret Garden campaign, which was shot in Versailles, France, by Steven Klein. “Film and print versions of the campaign are scheduled to run this spring,” a brand spokesperson told Vogue U.K.
The 27-year-old will star in the fourth episode of the French fashion house’s “Secret Garden” video series. As part of the campaign, models don Dior fashions while frolicking around the palace of Versailles. The third installment of the “Secret Garden” has racked up nine million views on Dior’s YouTube channel.
The FourFiveSeconds singer joins actresses Natalie Portman, Jennifer Lawrence, Charlize Theron and Marion Cotillard, who are all current faces of the brand.
Rihanna has already appeared in campaigns for Balmain, Gucci and Armani. She also was recently named creative director of Puma.
More from Rucuss
- Rihanna Launches Dior Sunglasses Collection
- Rihanna Silences Beyoncé Feud Rumors [Details]
- Rihanna Is the New Face Of Balmain Spring Campaign
- Rihanna Signs Deal For New Make Up Line [Details]
- Rihanna Rocks See-Through Dress At CFDA Awards, Honored As Fashion Icon
- Rihanna Promotes ‘Nude’ Fragrance in Nini Nguyen Lace Dress [Photos]