Rihanna Accused Of Stealing Song From Just Brittany
Rucuss staffApril 5, 2015
Rihanna’s new music has been soured by rumors of plagiarism.
RiRi is being accused of stealing her new song Bitch Better Have My Money. The accusations began when fans noticed similarities between Rihanna’s song and Houston-based performer Just Brittany’s song Betta Have My Money, which was released last year.
As Rihanna continues to promote the song, the fans continue to speculate. She performed it live at iHeartRadio Music Awards, and sang it in Jimmy Kimmel’s bedroom in the middle of the night as an April Fools’ Day prank.
The hooks sound similar, but they are not the first artists to come up with that hook. AMG was the first to use the hook. This all comes on the heels of the increased scrutiny after the Blurred Lines legal battle.
Neither singer has responded to the controversy. Listen to the songs below and judge for yourself.
Just Brittany’s version
More from Rucuss
- Rihanna Silences Beyoncé Feud Rumors [Details]
- Rihanna Welcomes Backlash Over ‘Birthday Cake’ Remix With Chris Brown [Details]
- Oprah Steals Car and Gets Into Fist Fights on Jimmy Kimmel Live! [Video]
- Nicki Minaj Blasts PARTYNEXTDOOR Over Ghostwriting Insinuations [Details]
- Mariah Carey’s Camp Blames Producers for New Year’s Performance
- Manager Claims Rihanna Stole Her Artist’s Doobie Wrap [Details]