Remy Ma’s Prison Release Date Delayed! [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 1, 2014
Remy Ma’s prison release has been delayed.
The Bronx rapper, whose real name is Reminisce Smith, was expected to be released from Bedford Hills Correctional Facility for Women in New York on Thursday morning after serving six years for shooting her former friend Makeda Barnes-Joseph in the stomach. However, she is still in custody.
According to Miss Info, prison officials told Remy’s husband Papoose that she would not be released as planned. An official at Bedford Hills told REVOLT that Remy was involved in a disciplinary problem on July 21. That was the same day she called into Angie Martinez on Power 105.1. Now she must wait until a report about the incident has been filed.
Remy Ma reportedly spent the last week of her incarceration in solitary confinement, but her team did not believe it would delay her release. There is no timetable or current release date set.
Upon her release Remy promised to jump right back into music. In her talk with Martinez she revealed that several record labels are interested in signing her to a deal. Her first and only studio album, There’s Something About Remy: Based on a True Story, dropped in 2006.
More from Rucuss
- Remy Ma Drops Nicki Minaj Diss Track, Minaj Responds
- Remy Ma, Papoose Tie The Knot With A Fairytale Themed Wedding
- Apollo Nida Engaged To Woman While In Prison [Details]
- Safaree Talks Nicki Minaj Breakup, Remy Ma, & Meek Mill on ‘Wendy’ [Video]
- Lauryn Hill Thanks Fans In Open Letter [Details]
- Rapper Big Sean Opens Up About His Girlfriend: ‘I Got Something Special’ [Video]