Real Housewives of Atlanta’s NeNe Leakes Lands Role on NBC Pilot ‘The New Normal’
Peaches GrantMarch 27, 2012
Real Housewives of Atlanta star NeNe Leakes left a huge impression with Glee creator Ryan Murphy with her recurring role as swim coach Roz Washington.
Murphy loved Leakes so much that he has tapped her again for another recurring role on his NBC comedic pilot The New Normal, Deadline reports. The half-hour comedy is about a blended family of a gay couple and their surrogate. The show will also star Andrew Rannells and Justin Bartha as the gay couple who hires a surrogate played by Scottish actress Georgia King, with Ellen Barkin as her mother.
NeNe will play the recurring role of Rocky. Murphy hopes the pilot lands a time slot during the fall season.
NeNe is still a mainstay on the Real Housewives of Atlanta. There are two more episodes before a two-part reunion show. Many speculate that with her budding acting career this could be her final season.
More from Rucuss
- NeNe Leakes Rocks Blonde Braids on ‘The New Normal’ Set [Photos]
- Nene Leakes Alleged Side Piece Charles Grant Arrested For Bad Checks
- NeNe Leakes to Evelyn Lozada: ‘Be Quiet!’ [Details]
- Apollo Nida Engaged To Woman While In Prison [Details]
- Justin Timberlake & Ryan Gosling Used to Live Together
- Kim Zolciak Lied About Building New Home, Actually Foreclosure Property [Photo]