Real Housewives of Atlanta Star NeNe Leakes is Getting Married Again [Details]
Rucuss staffJanuary 2, 2013
Real Housewives of Atlanta star NeNe Leakes is giving it another try with her ex-husband Gregg Leakes.
Less than one year after their reconciliation, NeNe and Gregg are engaged. Gregg proposed to Leakes on New Year’s Eve. The evening began with a romantic dinner before the couple headed back to their beach condo on Monday night.
Once the couple entered the condo, NeNe was greeted with rose petals and candles that led to their bedroom.
A Hershey Kisses’ heart was formed on the bed as well as the letters ‘G’ and ‘N’ for their initials on a glass table. Champagne and strawberries were also on the table.
Once NeNe looked over the room, Gregg allegedly got on one knee and proposed. Later NeNe posted on Twitter, “My answer was Yes.” She also tweeted, “IT’S ON NOW! #2013”
NeNe recently revealed to Sister 2 Sister magazine that she never wanted to get a divorce.
“When we broke up, Gregg moved out for a year,” NeNe told S2S. “We divorced while Gregg was out. Then, once we divorced, we found ourselves being friends. And there was nothing left to fight about. I’m very loyal and I was very committed to Gregg. I always wanted to stay married.”
NeNe and Gregg wed in Atlanta in 1997. The couple split during season three of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Nene filed for divorce on April 29, 2010 and the divorce was finalized in 2011. The couple has one son together, Brent, and NeNe’s older son Bryce from a previous relationship.
Photos via Twitter
More from Rucuss
- Nene Leakes Remarries Ex-Husband Gregg [Photos]
- NeNe Leakes Follows in Kim Zolciak’s Footsteps with Wedding Spinoff Show [Details]
- NeNe Leakes Says She Didn’t Come Up With Questions For ‘Pillow Talk’ Game
- NeNe Leakes Sued By Wedding Planner, Says Claims are Bogus! [Details]
- Say What: Did NeNe Leakes Bentley Get Repo’d?
- NeNe Leakes, Porsha Williams Will Have Reduced Roles, Leakes Responds