Real Housewives of New Jersey’ Stars Teresa and Joe Giudice Plead Guilty In Fraud Case
Rucuss staffMarch 4, 2014
Real Housewives of New Jersey stars Teresa and Joe Giudice face jail time after pleading guilty to multiple federal fraud charges in a Manhattan courtroom on Tuesday.
The Giudices, who allegedly concealed income and lied during bankruptcy proceedings, face jail time of up to 46 months in federal prison. Their court date is scheduled for July 8.
Both pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and three types of bankruptcy fraud. Joe also pleaded guilty to failing to file a tax return for 2004, though he acknowledged he didn’t file taxes on income of approximately $1 million between 2004 and 2008.
They had been scheduled for trial on more than 40 counts and had unsuccessfully sought separate trials. At the time they were indicted, they plead not guilty.
Teresa Giudice said in a statement read by her lawyer, Henry Klingeman, that she takes responsibility “for a series of mistakes I made several years ago” and said she will make a statement to the court when the couple is sentenced on July 8.
“I will describe the choices I made, continue to take responsibility for my decisions and express my remorse to Judge Salas and the public,” she wrote. “I am heartbroken that this is affecting my family — especially my four young daughters, who mean more to me than anything in the world.”
According to In Touch, Joe faces a potential sentence of 37 to 46 months and Teresa could get 21 to 27 months.
Photos via ABCnews.com and Bravo
More from Rucuss
- Teresa & Joe Giudice Freaking Out About Fraud Indictment! [Details]
- Real Housewives of New Jersey: Cast Have Bloody Brawl at Boutique! [Details]
- Apollo Nida’s Co-Conspirator Sentenced To Five Years For Bank Fraud, ID Theft
- Teresa Giudice Hits Back at Costars: I Thought You Were My Friends
- Teresa Giudice Considers Legal Action Against Jacqueline Laurita For Harassment [Details]
- New Jersey Housewives Jacqueline Laurita Says Teresa Giudice is Scum!