Ray J Was Pitching a Reality Show Featuring Whitney Houston [Details]
Rucuss staffFebruary 24, 2012
Ray-J was Whitney Houston’s last public boyfriend before her sudden death.
Brandy’s little brother partied with Houston the last four days of her life and was seen with the star on numerous occasions the last couple of years. They allegedly were casually seeing each other since her split with Bobby Brown in 2007.
Ray J, who has a book out entitled ‘Death of the Cheating Man: What Every Woman Must Know About Men Who Stray,’ has been seen in the media the last week very distraught over Houston’s death on Feb. 11. But that hasn’t stopped many from speculating about his motives with the singer.
One source told The Daily Beast that Ray J was trying to pitch a reality TV show that featured Houston. “He was just using her like many people did, to get a deal,” the source said.
Ray J’s publicist Courtney Barnes didn’t exactly deny the rumor.
“It was his show, and they shot footage of the two of them together that appeared in the sizzle reel, which was being used to pitch the show,” Barnes told The Daily Beast. When Barnes was asked if Ray J was still shopping the reality show around she replied, “I don’t know.”
Ray J is not a stranger to reality television. The 31-year-old, who has an infamous sex tape with Kim Kardashian, was the star of VH1’s For the Love of Ray J. It was a dating show that was a cross between The Bachelor and Flavor of Love.
More from Rucuss
- Ray J Misses Whitney Houston, Releases Statement About the Pop Icon
- Ray J Parties With Brandy the Night of Whitney Houston’s Sudden Death [Photos]
- Spotted! Whitney Houston and Ray-J Out on a Date [Photos]
- Ray J Denies Bobby Brown’s Sister Claims That He Gave Whitney Houston Cocaine
- Bobby Brown’s Sister Leolah Brown Says Ray J was Whitney’s ‘Runner Boy’ [Details]
- Bobby Brown Arrested on Suspicion of Drunk Driving