Ray J Parties With Brandy the Night of Whitney Houston’s Sudden Death [Photos]
Johnnie WaltersFebruary 13, 2012
Everyone grieves differently when a loved one passes away.
Some seek solitude while others want to be around family and friends. Ray-J opts for the latter of the two. Only hours after he learned that his on again, off again girlfriend Whitney Houston died in her hotel room, he was spotted at a pre-Grammy Midnight Brunch thrown by musician Ne-Yo.
Whitney allegedly drowned alone in a bathtub having accidentally overdosed on a cocktail of prescription drugs and alcohol after two back-to-back evenings of partying with Ray-J. The star was found dead under the water by her aunt in a luxury hotel suite at the Beverly Hilton. She was 48.
Paramedics battled to revive the singer but she was pronounced dead at 3.55 p.m. Saturday afternoon. It was only hours before she was scheduled to perform at Clive Davis’ pre-Grammys party held at the same hotel.
Ray-J was seen distraught outside the Beverly Hilton. TMZ reports he drove over from his home to see Houston’s body but police denied him access.
But somehow Ray mustered up the energy to attend the celebration that would also honor his sister Brandy’s 33 birthday. Ray, 31, wore a hoodie and dark sunglasses to the event. Check out the photos below.
More from Rucuss
- Bobbi Kristina Interview Scores Oprah’s OWN Network Biggest Ratings Ever! [Details]
- Whitney Houston’s Family ‘Stunned’ That Clive Davis Had Pre-Grammy Party [Details]
- Ray J Denies Bobby Brown’s Sister Claims That He Gave Whitney Houston Cocaine
- Music Legend Whitney Houston Dead at 48
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Dead At 22 [Details]
- Oprah Winfrey Interviews Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina and Family [Details]