Ray J Misses Whitney Houston, Releases Statement About the Pop Icon
Rucuss staffFebruary 17, 2012
For the first time since the death of Whitney Houston, Ray J has decided to give his thoughts about the legendary singer’s passing.
In a press release, Ray J said: “Over the past few days, I’ve tried to process the emptiness that I am experiencing. What my heart feels cannot be expressed in words. The world lost an icon, but I lost my close friend. Nippy, I miss you so much!” Ray J added, using a nickname given to Whitney by her father. You were so happy and full of love. Your smile will live in my heart forever.”
Ray J and Whitney were seen together the last four days of her life. She was also spotted on several dates with Ray the last few months. Ray J rushed to the Beverly Hilton where Houston’s body was found when he heard the news of her sudden death. But he wasn’t allowed access to her room.
Ray J’s representative, Courtney Barnes, said he and his sister Brandy will be at Saturday’s funeral for Houston in Newark, N.J. The funeral will be televised on Headline News and a few other stations.
Houston was found in a bathtub on Feb. 11 with allegedly a cocktail of prescription drugs and alcohol in her system after two back-to-back evenings of partying with Ray-J. She was 48.
More from Rucuss
- Ray J Was Pitching a Reality Show Featuring Whitney Houston [Details]
- Ray J Denies Bobby Brown’s Sister Claims That He Gave Whitney Houston Cocaine
- Ray J Parties With Brandy the Night of Whitney Houston’s Sudden Death [Photos]
- Taxpayers Upset Over Paying Security Bill for Whitney Houston’s Funeral
- Music Legend Whitney Houston Dead at 48
- 2012 Grammys, Whitney Houston Tribute: The Prayer, Shout Outs, Tribute [Photos/ Videos]