Ray Allen Will Wear A Jesus Shuttleworth Jersey This Season [Photo]
Rucuss staffDecember 18, 2013
Miami Heat star Ray Allen will go down in history as one of the best shooters to ever play the game.
But before Allen reached NBA superstar status, he made a name for himself in Hollywood. Allen played the character Jesus Shuttlesworth in Spike Lee’s 1998 movie He Got Game. The movie also starred Denzel Washington and Rosario Dawson.
Now 15 years later, Allen will pay homage to the character on the court. Spike Lee made the announcement on his Instagram page that Allen will be wearing the Jesus Shuttlesworth nickname on the back of his jersey for a few games this season.
Spike posted the photo below with the caption: “For A Few Select Games My Main Man Ray Allen Will Wear JESUS SHUTTLESWORTH On THe Back OF His Jersey. The Legend Of HE GOT GAME Continues To Grow.Da Greatest Joint About BALL Ever Made.YA-DIG? SHO-NUFF
Allen will reportedly wear the nickname jersey against the Boston Celtics on January 21 and the Brooklyn Nets on both March 12 & April 6.
The NBA reportedly will allow players to used nicknames on the backs of their jerseys for at four matchups.
Photos via Twitter and Mikeheir.com
More from Rucuss
- Lebron James Plays Catch With Fan During Win Over Los Angeles Clippers [Video]
- Miami Heat’s Mario Chalmers Checks Groupies For Lying [Details]
- Miami Heat Star LeBron James Closer to Going Bald, Shaves His Head [Photos]
- Say What: Does NBA Player Dwyane Wade Have a Baby on the Way?
- LeBron James Stares in Michael Jordan’s Direction While Dunking [Video]
- NBA Player Chris Bosh and Wife Adrienne Expecting Second Child! [Photos]