Rapper Mystical Talks About Deal With Cash Money and Making a Comeback [Video]
Johnnie WaltersMarch 15, 2012
Mystical is ready to revive his rap career.
After serving a six-year sentence for sexual battery, the New Orleans rapper is readjusting to life on the outside. But he’s made some huge strides in the last couple of months. Mystical came through Power 105.1 The Breakfast Club Thursday morning and talked about signing his new deal with Cash Money, life after prison and a whole lot more.
Mystical, whose real name is Michael Tyler, was released from prison in January 2010. The incident that led to his arrest and guilty plea involved his female hairstylist. Mystical accused the woman of writing $80,000 worth of unauthorized checks on his bank account. He offered not to turn her in if she performed sexual acts on the rapper and two bodyguards. Mystical and the bodyguards pleaded guilty after a videotape of the incident surfaced.
He also pleaded guilty to two federal misdemeanor counts of failing to file tax returns on a total of $1.7 million he earned in 1998 and 1999. A judge allowed him to serve the federal sentence concurrently with the state sentence.
Check out his interview with the Breakfast Club below.
More from Rucuss
- Rapper Mystikal is Headed Back to Jail! [Details]
- Shia LaBeouf Disses Drake, Lil Yachty & Peter Rosenberg in ‘Breakfast Club’ Freestyle
- Jas Prince Sues Cash Money Over Drake Earnings [Details]
- Lil Twist Sentenced to 1 Year in Jail for Assault [Details]
- Tyga Says He Never Got a Check From YMCMB Records! [Video]
- Lil Wayne Introduces New Dance Called Throw That D-ck! [Video]