Randy Jackson is Out as American Idol Judge
Rucuss staffAugust 31, 2012
Mariah Carey is sitting alone at the American Idol judges’ table.
Randy Jackson, who was the only judge other than host Ryan Seacrest to have an on-air role since season one, will transition to a mentor role in season 12, TMZ reports. Jackson was trying to hang on after Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler decided not to return, but the producers wanted to go in a different direction.
Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban are reportedly in final negotiations to join the panel. The show is also pursuing Enrique Iglesias for a fourth spot.
TMZ sources indicate the Minaj deal is “99% done” despite a reported beef between the rapper and Carey. The Triumphant singer “doesn’t want her at the table. Producers think the conflict and tension will be good for the show.”
More from Rucuss
- Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban Join Mariah Carey & Randy Jackson on American Idol
- Were Jennifer Lopez & Steven Tyler Fired From American Idol?
- Nicki Minaj Argues With Mariah Carey, Storms Off American Idol Set! [Video]
- Girl Fight: Nicki Minaj Cusses Out Mariah Carey at Auditions [Video]
- Mariah Carey On American Idol: ‘It Was Like Going To Work in Hell With Satan’
- Idol Judge Randy Jackson Expected to Become Mariah Carey’s New Manager