R. Kelly Performs Tribute To Nelson Mandela On ‘Arsenio’ [Video]
Rucuss staffDecember 6, 2013
Anti-apartheid icon and former President of South Africa Nelson Mandela was an inspiration to the world.
Mandela’s legacy bears peace, equality, freedom and revolution. His ideals will continue to serve as inspiration globally. So it’s not surprise that an outpouring of condolences flooded social media and media.
Just hours after Mandela’s passing, R. Kelly paid homage during his appearance on the Arsenio Hall Show. Kelly performed Solider’s Heart, a piano ballad which he wrote and performed for the South African leader in his living room in 2010.
“I’m just blessed to know that I walked in his presence,” Kelly said. “He was a spirit walking and being around him inspired me to even go further in my life, in my walk, and my career. He’s just an incredible power.”
Kelly also reenacted a press conference while performing his Black Panties cut Shut Up. He ended his performance with When A Woman Loves. Watch the interview and performances below.
More from Rucuss
- 15 Of Nelson Mandela’s Most Inspiring Quotes
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- President Obama Takes ‘Selfie’ During Mandela Memorial, Michelle Not Pleased
- Say What: Brandy Performs To An Empty Stadium in South Africa?!
- Mandela Interpreter Was Charged With Murder, Rape & Kidnapping [Details]
- Kevin McCall Accused of Beating a Woman Unconscious [Details]