R. Kelly Loses Multi-Million Dollar Home to Foreclosure! [Details]
Rucuss staffMarch 19, 2013
R. Kelly’s mansion has been sold for $950,000 in a foreclosure auction.
The 22,000-square-foot Olympia Fields mansion went into foreclosure in 2011 after J.P. Morgan Chase Bank claimed Kelly owed more than $2.9 million on the home. Kelly allegedly failed to make mortgage payments on the property since June 2010.
Attempts to short sale the property for $1.595 million in 2011 failed. R Kelly, who allegedly owes the IRS nearly $5 million in unpaid taxes, built the home on 3.7 acres with a private lake back in 1999 using a $3.5 million loan.
The mansion boasts six bedrooms, eight full and six half bathrooms.
Photos via Grio, Rhymes With Snitch and AVClub
More from Rucuss
- Lady Gaga And R. Kelly Simulate Sex On ‘SNL’ Stage [Video]
- Say What: Did R Kelly Hire A Impersonator To Perform In His Place?! [Details]
- R. Kelly Tweets #AskRKelly Hashtag, Gets Clowned On Twitter [Details]
- R. Kelly Debuts a ‘Black Panties’ Hotline! [Details]
- R. Kelly Debuts Chapter 23 of ‘Trapped in the Closet’ [Video]
- Funkmaster Flex Has A Few Words For R. Kelly After He Cancels Hot 97 Interview [Audio]