Diddy Confirms Retirement After ‘No Way Out 2’
Rucuss staffMay 1, 2016
Diddy has made is last album.
During an interview with Cigar Aficionado, Puff Daddy explained why his next album, No Way Out 2, will be his finale in the rap game.
“I’m going to put out my last album and devote 100 percent of my time to doing films,” he told the magazine, according to PEOPLE. “I want to stop at a great place…A final album is a great place to stop. I want to take a victory lap, to do a world tour and really enjoy it one last time.”
Puff promises that NWO2 will be “honest” and an important part of his 20-year legacy.
“When I’m gone, only the songs will survive,” Diddy said. “I know I’m making music that will live on. I don’t go into the studio just to be hot or to hear myself on the radio. Michael Jackson, Tupac, Biggie—part of them lives on in their music, even though they’re not here anymore. That’s really deep, man. The only thing like that is religion.”
This isn’t the first time Diddy announced a potential retirement. He said the same thing back in 2004.
“I got a chance to have my dream come true, and I wanted to make sure I made the decision as to when I dropped my last album,” Diddy said via MTV News. “If I don’t feel like this album is an incredible piece of work, then I’m cool with the albums I’ve done. I don’t have to put out another album.”
Later this month, Diddy will headline two Bady Boy reunion concerts at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center. He will also perform at the Essence Festival in New Orleans in July.
No Way Out 2, which follows November’s MMM, serves as the sequel to Puff’s 1997 debut album.
More from Rucuss
- Puff Daddy Rocks $7,000 Tom Ford Jacket, Timberland 40th Anniversary 40 Below Super Boots
- Notorious B.I.G.’s Daughter Blasts Diddy For ‘Lying’ And Abandoning Her Family [Details]
- Diddy, Jay Z, & Drake Land on ‘Forbes Five’ List [Details]
- Diddy and Cassie Reportedly Break Up, Cops Called After Fight [Details]
- Diddy Says The Black Community Got “Shortchanged” By President Obama [Video]
- Say What: Feds Wanted to Know if Diddy Had Sex With Underage Boys?!