Prince Died From Accidental Overdose of Opioid Painkiller [Details]

Rucuss staffJune 2, 2016

Legendary singer Prince’s death has finally been revealed.

The autopsy results are in and Prince died of an accidental overdose after he self-administered the powerful painkiller fentanyl, the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office reported on Thursday.  The 57-year-old singer was found dead April 21 at his Paisley Park estate. Deputies and medical personnel found the music icon unresponsive when they arrived at his home, and they performed CPR but it was unsuccessful.

An addiction treatment doctor, Howard Kornfeld, has stated he was in touch with Prince’s representative the day before Prince died. In the weeks before Prince’s death, he met twice with Dr. Michael Todd Schulenberg, who worked at a Minnetonka clinic a few miles from Paisley Park, according to search warrant documents. Schulenberg prescribed Prince medications in recent weeks, but what they were and whether he took them is unknown.

Prince’s death came less than a week after his plane made an emergency stop in Moline, Illinois. He is rumored that Prince was found unconscious on the plane, and first responders gave him a shot of Narcan, an antidote used in suspected opioid overdoses.

This news surprised friends and family members, who said Prince avoided alcohol and drugs and maintained a healthy lifestyle. Law enforcement officials have said there were no “obvious signs” of trauma on Prince’s body, and there were no indications of foul play or suicide.  In a press release, the Carver County sheriff’s office said it “continues its investigation.”

0
blarerepublic.com

Featured Video

 

Archives