President Obama: ‘I’ve Got 99 Problems and Now Jay-Z is One’
Rucuss staffApril 29, 2013
President Barack Obama poked fun at himself, the media’s coverage of recent news events, several celebrities and more at the 2013 White House Correspondents’ Association dinner over the weekend.
It was a star-studded affair where plenty of celebrities were in attendance to laugh at Obama’s many punch lines. Obama got the crowd’s attention early when he changed up the traditional presidential music with DJ Khaled’s song All I Do Is Win.
After the intro, Obama said,”Rush Limbaugh warned you about this — second term, baby. We’re changing things around here a little bit.” The President went on to poke fun at plenty of headlines that included the controversy surrounding Jay-Z and Beyonce’s Cuba grip.
“So, yes, maybe I have lost a step,” Obama said. “But some things are beyond my control. For example, this whole controversy about Jay-Z going to Cuba — it’s unbelievable. I’ve got 99 problems and now Jay-Z is one.”
Obama made sure he took a jab at Jay after the New York rapper released the song Open Letter that claimed the President gave he and his wife Beyonce clearance to go to Cuba.
“Obama said chill ‘You gonna get me impeached,” Jay Z rapped. “We don’t need this s**t anyway chill with me on the beach.”
Obama and his press secretary denied Jay Z’s claims.
“I wasn’t familiar that they were taking the trip,” Obama told the Today Show. “My understanding is I think they went through a group that organizes these educational trips down to Cuba. You know, this is not something the White House was involved with. We’ve got better things to do.”
Watch Obama joke about Jay-Z’s, the History channel making him out to be the devil in ‘The Bible series and more below,
More from Rucuss
- Beyoncé Lip-Synced the Star-Spangled Banner, Kelly Clarkson Sang Live [Details]
- President Obama Responds to Donald Trump’s $5 Million Offer on Jay Leno [Video]
- Sen. John McCain Caught Playing Poker While Colleagues Discuss Bombing Syria [Photo]
- LaLa Anthony and Terrence J Host Hip Hop Inaugural Ball [Photos]
- Prince’s Estate Rejects Jay Z’s Bid for Unreleased Music Catalog [Details]
- President Barack Obama Finally Addresses Jay-Z and Beyonce’s Cuba Trip [Video]