President Barack Obama Finally Addresses Jay-Z and Beyonce’s Cuba Trip [Video]
Rucuss staffApril 17, 2013
President Barack Obama is finally addressing Jay-Z and Beyonce’s trip to Cuba for their fifth wedding anniversary.
The President sat down with Today Show’s Savannah Guthrie and answered questions on whether he or the White House gave the couple clearance to travel to Cuba. Obama side-stepped questions about Jay-Z’s song Open Letter where Jigga rapped,”that “Obama said, ‘Chill you’re going to get me impeached’/You don’t need this s**t anyway, chill with me on the beach.”
But President Obama did make it clear that he had nothing to do with the trip.
“I wasn’t familiar that they were taking the trip,” Obama said during an interview on Wednesday. “My understanding is I think they went through a group that organizes these educational trips down to Cuba. You know, this is not something the White House was involved with. We’ve got better things to do.”
Before the President addressed the allegations it was revealed that the Treasury Department and not the White House authorized the Carters’ trip as an educational and cultural exchange.
Watch Obama talk about the trip below.
More from Rucuss
- Say What: Beyonce And Jay-Z On Trial Separation?!
- Jay-Z Talks Cuban Trip & Decision To Sell Brooklyn Nets in ‘Open Letter’ [Audio]
- President Obama: ‘I’ve Got 99 Problems and Now Jay-Z is One’
- Young Jeezy Gets a Shout Out From President Obama [Video]
- Joey BadA$$ Says He’s Sorry For Sharing Malia Obama’s Selfie [Details]
- Beyonce Talks Career, Cuba Controversy, Blue Ivy and Desire to Have More Kids [Video]