Plaxico Burress Receives $1,000 Traffic Ticket & Tax Lien [Details]
Rucuss staffOctober 18, 2012
Former NFL wide receiver Plaxico Burress may have to pay one of the highest traffic fines in Florida.
Burress, who was released by the New York Jets earlier this year, was clocked by Florida police going 50 miles over a 55 mph speed limit on a motorcycle in Broward County, GossipExtra reports. If Burress is convicted, he may have to pay a $1,000 fine.
“He was not arrested or anything,” Burress lawyer Brad Cohen told GossipExtra. “It was filed as a traffic violation, which won’t be a problem when it comes to his supervised released. It’s just a ticket.”
Meanwhile, a lien was placed on Burress’ $2 million dollar home. The former New York Giants Superbowl champ failed to pay $98,064.76 in income taxes in 2007 and 2009.
Burress was released from a New York state prison a year ago after serving 20 months for a gun conviction. He shot himself in the leg at a New York nightclub. He’s currently on probation until 2013.
More from Rucuss
- Plaxico Burress Rips Former Coach, Teammates and Fans
- NFL Player Chris Johnson Shot in Drive By Shooting [Details]
- Flo Rida Allegedly Owes More Than $1 Million in Unpaid Taxes [Details]
- Thiago Silva Arrested After Allegedly Pulling Gun On Wife [Details]
- NFL Player Antonio Cromartie Welcomes 10th Child, His Eight Baby Mamas Want Reality Show! [Details]
- Chad Johnson Avoids Jail Time in Battery Case Against Evelyn Lozada [Details]