Phil Jackson, Jeanie Buss Are Engaged [Photo]
Rucuss staffJanuary 4, 2013
Former NBA coach Phil Jackson finally decided to pop the question to his longtime girlfriend of 12 years.
Jackson, 67, proposed to Lakers executive vice president Jeanie Buss over the Christmas holiday and she said yes. Buss, 51, shared her excitement on Twitter with the photo below and the caption: “Twitter family — Phil finally gave me that ring I wanted ! 🙂 ”
The 11-time NBA champion coach proposed to Buss on Christmas Day.
“I’m beyond happy,” Buss told ESPNLosAngeles.com. “I really didn’t want it to be news, but I knew people who followed me on Twitter cared about it and I’ve been wearing the ring since Christmas, so I figured I should let people know.”
After being divorced twice, there were no signs Jackson planned to marry again. But it looks like he has finally changed his mind. Jackson and Buss, who live together in Playa del Rey, began dating shortly after he became head coach of the Lakers in 1999.
More from Rucuss
- Jerry Buss Left Hawaii Condo and Bentley to Young Girlfriend! [Photos]
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Silence Divorce Rumors With Family Photo
- NBA Coach Mark Jackson Target Of Extortion By Ex-Stripper Over Nude Photos [Details]
- Kobe and Vanessa Bryant Take Their Daughters To Disneyland [Photos]
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Insults Nelly & Shantel Jackson During Interview, Nelly Responds
- NBA Player Kenyon Martin’s Stalker Walks On Court During Playoff Game [Photos/Video]