Paris Fashion Week: Kanye West Debuts Womenswear Spring/Summer 2012 Collection
Rucuss staffOctober 2, 2011
Kanye West debuted his Spring/Summer 2012 womenswear line at Lycee Henri IV in the 5th Arrondissement in Paris Saturday night.
Fashion editors Anna Wintour, Suzy Menkes, Stefano Tonchi, Sally Singer, Robin Givhan, along with celebrity guests Ciara, Tameka Raymond, Jared Leto, and Lindsay Lohan were all in attendance.
West paid close attention to detail with his first collection. His watchful eye at many women’s ready to wear shows, along with his internship at Fendi helped. He’s also designed for Louis Vuitton, consulted with Central Saint Martins professor Louise Wilson, and tapped designer Louise Goldin and several CSM students to help with his latest collection.
The end result were plenty of pieces with zippers, beading, crystals, along with fur, suede and leather clothing. There were dangerously low V dresses and plenty of high hems. Neutral beige, white, black and pops of blue and red were throughout the line. Models were accessorized with name plate necklaces and Giuseppe Zanotti heels.
Check out the collection.
More from Rucuss
- Kanye Wants Critics to ‘Shut the F@ck Up!”
- Buy Kanye West’s Giuseppe Zanotti Shoes For Nearly $6,000! [Photos]
- Shoe-icide: Beyonce’s Altuzarra Patent Leather Fur Boots & Nicole’s Giuseppe Zanotti Booties
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Shoe Collection [Photos]
- Jaden Smith Is The New Face Of Louis Vuitton’s SS16 Womenswear Campaign
- FASHION WEEK: Celebs Attend Fashion’s Night Out