OWN Scores Big Ratings With Rihanna Interview
Rucuss staffAugust 22, 2012
Oprah Winfrey knew landing an interview with Rihanna would score huge ratings.
And her hunch proved to be true. Oprah did a one-hour interview with the Barbados beauty on Oprah’s Next Chapter that aired on Sunday. The show pulled in 2.5 million viewers. It was the second-highest rating for the network behind the episode with the Whitney Houston family after the singer’s death, which had 3.5 million viewers.
Oprah’s interview with Rihanna ranked No. 1 in key women demographics for its time slot and No. 2 in all of prime time. The interview topped all key African-American demographics in its time slot in both broadcast and ad-supported cable, earning a 2.4 rating among women 25-54 and a 2.5 rating with women 18-49.
More from Rucuss
- Rihanna to Oprah: ‘I Still Love Chris Brown’ [Video]
- Lance Armstrong’s Oprah Interview Scores Big Ratings [Details]
- Oprah Winfrey Interviews Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina and Family [Details]
- Lauryn Hill Passes On Interview With Oprah Winfrey [Details]
- Bobbi Kristina Interview Scores Oprah’s OWN Network Biggest Ratings Ever! [Details]
- Toni Braxton Says Oprah Damaged Her Reputation! [Video]