Oprah Winfrey Writes Letter to Teenage Self, What Would You Say?! [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 3, 2012
Oprah Winfrey reveals advice she would give to her teenage self in the May 2012 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine.
Oprah, now 58, wrote a letter to her 19-year old self, a teenager she calls a ‘beautiful brown-skinned girl.’ She reveals what advice she would give to herself. Oprah tells her younger self that in order to grow, she has to admit that the abuse of the past has changed the way she looks at herself. She also tells her younger self to hold onto her beliefs because that’s her greatest gift and that she must see herself through her own eyes and not the expectations of others.
Oprah’s self-reflection focuses on her youngest days as the first black news anchor at Nashville’s WLAC-TV. It was a moment she says would forever change the trajectory of her life, and one that she struggles to not be overshadowed by her relationship with a boyfriend named Bubba.
Knowing there is a “high calling” is what will sustain and fulfill you.
More from Rucuss
- Oprah Winfrey Buys Father’s Barber Shop, Causes A Rift With Stepmother [Details]
- Blac Chyna Says She’s Done With Rob Kardashian Amid Instagram Hack
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Oprah Winfrey Doesn’t Regret Not Having Kids [Details]
- Gayle King Says Oprah is Not Blue Ivy Carter’s Godmother
- Chris Brown Reportedly Struggling with Addiction, Insiders Fear for His Life