Oprah Winfrey Doesn’t Regret Not Having Kids [Details]
Rucuss staffDecember 12, 2013
Oprah Winfrey is a role model to many around the world.
But the OWN Network CEO admits that she wouldn’t have been to her kids if she had them. And that’s why Oprah doesn’t regret not raising her own children.
“If I had kids, my kids would hate me,” Oprah told The Hollywood Reporter. “They would have ended up on the equivalent of the ‘Oprah’ show talking about me; because something (in my life) would have had to suffer and it would’ve probably been them.”
Oprah reveal that even as a teenager, she didn’t see motherhood in her future.
“(Best friend Gayle King) was the kind of kid who, in seventh grade Home Ec class, was writing down her name and the names of her children,” Winfrey said. “While she was having those kind of daydreams, I was having daydreams about how I could be Martin Luther King.”
Motherhood almost became a reality to Oprah at a young age. When she was just 14, she gave birth to a baby who died just weeks later. A family member revealed that fact to the National Enquirer in 1990.
The Hollywood Reporter honored Oprah on Tuesday with the Sherry Lansing Leadership Award. The next day, the Next Chapter host was nominated for a best supporting actress Screen Actors Guild award for her role in The Butler.
Read the full article on Oprah here.
Photos via Hollywood Reporter.com
More from my site
- Oprah Winfrey Cooks Thanksgiving Dinner! [Photos]
- Check Out Oprah’s $14 Million Colorado Home With 56 Ft. Wine Mine [Photos]
- Terrence Howard Says His Love Scenes With Oprah Were Wonderful! [Video]
- Oprah, Mariah Carey, Fantasia, Forest Whitaker & More Attend ‘The Butler’ Premiere [Photos]
- Oprah Says Racism in Switzerland Kept Her From Buying Expensive Bag! [Details]
- Oprah’s Chai Teas Will Be Sold At Starbucks! [Details]