Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry Spoof ‘The Color Purple’ for OWN [Video]
Rucuss staffApril 5, 2013
Oprah Winfrey reprises her Oscar-nominated role as Sofia from The Color Purple in a new OWN commercial.
And the twist is Tyler Perry appears as Madea in the parody to promote his upcoming projects on the network. Perry has two new series that are scheduled to air May 28 and 29th.
In the commercial, Madea bumps into Sofia on a dirt road. She asks for directions to OWN, but Sofia replies, “All my life I had to fight. I had to fight to impress folks. I had to fight the ratings. I had to fight them haters. Girl, child, it ain’t safe in the world for a cable channel.”
Madea replies she’s simply looking for which channel OWN is depending on his cable provider.
“I loves OWN. God knows I do. But I ain’t going to let nobody beat me,” Sofia said. “You want a great cable channel, you find OWN like everybody else been doing.”
Then does her infamous walk away.
Oprah and Perry filmed the commercial outside of Atlanta, Georgia. They are gearing up for the premiere of Perry’s The Have and the Have Nots on May 28 and Love Thy Neighbor on May 29.
Watch the commercial below.
Photos via OWN
More from Rucuss
- Oprah, Mariah Carey, Fantasia, Forest Whitaker & More Attend ‘The Butler’ Premiere [Photos]
- Oprah’s Chai Teas Will Be Sold At Starbucks! [Details]
- Tyler Perry Announces New Self-Titled Talk Show
- Tyler Perry Releases Trailer For Madea’s Witness Protection [Video]
- Bobbi Kristina Walks Off Tyler Perry Show In Tears [Details]
- Antoine Dodson To Appear in ‘Tyler’s Perry’s A Madea Christmas’ [Details]