Oprah Says She’s Not Surprised About Rihanna and Chris Brown [Video]
Rucuss staffOctober 6, 2012
Oprah Winfrey is not surprised that Rihanna and Chris Brown may get back together.
But the talk show host is not passing any judgement. Winfrey interviewed Rihanna on Oprah’s Next Chapter where she broke down in tears talking about the love she has for Brown. Winfrey believes she understands Rihanna and how she has come to forgive Brown, who brutally assaulted her following the Grammys in 2009.
“I’m not surprised,” Winfrey said of Rihanna’s decision. “You know what I loved about that interview is that she came with a big, wide open heart. She was in the space of forgiveness. And that she learned a lesson, that she was repeating with Chris Brown exactly what she needed to learn from her father.”
Oprah added,”I think that if she is prepared to deal with that and is prepared to help him help himself then so be it. I have no judgment about it. That’s why I can sit there and have such a great time with her because I do all my interviews with no judgment whatsoever.”
Rihanna revealed in her interview with Oprah that her dad, Ronald Fenty, was physically abusive towards her mother. But as she got older, the singer learned to see past his wrong doings and accept that he was struggling with personal demons that he has now conquered.
More from Rucuss
- Rihanna and Chris Brown Spend Christmas Together at Lakers-Knicks Game [Photos]
- Rihanna on Chris Brown: ‘I Was More Concerned About Him’ [Video]
- Rihanna to Oprah: ‘I Still Love Chris Brown’ [Video]
- Chris Brown Says Beating Rihanna Was Biggest Mistake of His Life! [Details]
- Kanye West Reportedly Struggling with Paranoia and Depression
- Jas Prince Sues Cash Money Over Drake Earnings [Details]