Oprah Buys a Homeless Man Five Course Meal, Gives Him Money
Rucuss staffApril 30, 2012
Oprah Winfrey is known for having a big heart.
Oprah has given away almost everything under the sun on her talk show and she continues to do so when she can. The Billionaire was recently eating a five-course dinner on the patio of Scarpetta in Beverly Hills with a few power players from her OWN Network when a homeless man approached her.
He asked, “Oprah can you help a homeless guy get a bowl of soup, please?” Instead of screaming for security, Oprah said out loud, possibly to no one in particular, “Please, can we get him some money, get him a meal.” And of course it was done, New York Post reports.
The homeless stranger respectfully introduced himself to Oprah and told her his name was Eddie. Oprah then looked at the man and told him, “God bless you, Eddie.”
One of Oprah’s employees then handed Eddie a wad of cash and then he was given enough food to satisfy his ravenous hunger.
Scarpetta’s chef Scott Conant was so impressed by Oprah’s generosity that he posted a link to the New York Post story on his Facebook page with the comment, “Wow!”
Now that’s magic.
More from Rucuss
- Oprah Ready to Expand $2.7 Billion Empire With Organic Foods [Details]
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose Kiss, Hold Hands at Pre-Grammy Party [Details]
- Lauryn Hill Passes On Interview With Oprah Winfrey [Details]
- Lauryn Hill Sentenced To 3 Months in Prison For Not Paying Her Taxes! [Details]
- Oprah Winfrey Interviews Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina and Family [Details]
- Couple Alert: Sean Kingston Takes Rocsi Diaz To Dinner [Photos]