NYFW: Givenchy’s First New York Show, Spring 2016
Rucuss staffSeptember 13, 2015
Givenchy’s first-ever show during New York Fashion Week was meant to mark its new Manhattan flagship store.
There was an hour-long performance art intro directed by Marina Abramovic, including a couple locked in a tense embrace with One World Trade Center looming in the background as a Buddhist monk sang a mantra. The show remembered 9/11 as well.
The audience included Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj, Ciara, Hailee Steinfeld, Julia Roberts, Steven and Liv Tyler, Margot Robbie and Debbie Harry. There were 820 tickets given away to the public, including 280 tickets for local fashion students and 100 for locals — plus top fashion editors and other fashion people who would normally gain entrée.
With the Hudson River as the backdrop, Riccardo Tisci’s spring 2016 collection debuted with plenty of silks and lace in a palette of black, white, and nude on Friday night. The clothing appeared to paint romance and glamour.
There were heavy facial jewelry, gold trim, and ornate versions of those sheet masks decorated the mugs of a series of models. Check out a few photos from the event below.
Photos via Refinery29.com and Hollywood Reporter
More from Rucuss
- Kanye West, Justin Bieber, Diddy & Ciara Celebrate Riccardo Tisci’s Birthday
- Pregnant Kim Kardashian Afraid Kanye West Is Gay?! [Details]
- Erykah Badu Is The New Face Of Givenchy, Reveals Painful Nose Ring [Photos]
- 2014 Met Ball: Rihanna, Beyonce, Tom Brady, Kim Kardashian & More [Photos]
- 2015 Met Ball: Beyoncé, Rihanna, Kim, Kanye and More
- Safaree Talks Nicki Minaj Breakup, Remy Ma, & Meek Mill on ‘Wendy’ [Video]