Nike Celebrates LeBron James Winning MVP & NBA Championship [Video]
Rucuss staffJune 22, 2012
Miami Heat star LeBron James finished Game 5 with a triple-double and earned his first NBA title.
James helped the Heat beat Oklahoma City 121-106 to win the franchise’s second championship Thursday night. It was his first championship. Immediately following the victory, Nike released a commercial celebrating James’ role of making that championship a reality.
The commerical is entitled “The Ring Maker,” and Nike said in its official release:
“To honor one of LeBron’s finest career achievements, Nike launched a new campaign that celebrates the determination and perseverance needed to win a championship. The TV spot, which debuted immediately following Miami’s victory, acknowledges what LeBron has known his whole life – that destiny is earned, not given.
Since his rookie season in 2003, LeBron has been on an epic journey – a journey of expectation, success, challenge and ultimately victory. Nike’s spot chronicles those memorable career moments which have molded LeBron and fueled his motivation to succeed.
The story is told through a jeweler who begins working on a championship ring when LeBron is a young phenom, crafts it over the highs and lows of LeBron’s first eight years in the league, and then finishes it just in time to be delivered for the 3-time MVP’s first championship.”
Congrats Lebron James and the Miami Heat! Watch the commercial below.
More from Rucuss
- Miami Heat Star Chris Bosh Enjoys Champagne Shower After Winning NBA Championship [Video/Photos]
- Miami Heat Star LeBron James Closer to Going Bald, Shaves His Head [Photos]
- Kevin Durant Joins Flag Football Game In Oklahoma City [Video]
- Top Ten Plays From Kevin Durant’s Exhibition Game
- LeBron James Scores Career-High 61 Points Against Bobcats [Video]
- Miami Heat Celebration: Lebron James Performs 2 Chainz’ Riot, Bar Tab Close to $200,000 at Liv Nightclub [Photos/Video]