Nike Air Yeezy II ‘Red October’ Sells Out After Surprise Release
Rucuss staffFebruary 10, 2014
Nike surprised its customers with the sale of the long-awaited sneaker, nicknamed “Red October.”
Without warning, Nike tweeted a purchase link to its online store at 1 p.m. est on Sunday. Eleven minutes later, Kanye West’s $245 shoe was sold out.
It’s unknown if Nike plans to release more online or at retail stores.
Many fans were upset that they couldn’t get their hands on a pair. But if you have money to spend than you can purchase a pair on Ebay. There are certain sizes available from $3,750 to $7,500.
Nike launched the original Air Yeezy in 2009 and followed it up with two colorways of the Air Yeezy II in 2012. While Kanye was seen wearing the sneaker at his concerts, the “Red Octobers” never had an official release.
The sale surprised many after Kanye severed ties with Nike. He signed a new partnership deal with Adidas and is currently working on his first collection.
More from Rucuss
- Fashion Rebel: Kanye West Wears Hoodie, Velvet Pimp Coat & Leather Pants! [Photos]
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Kanye West Wears Straitjacket and Face Mask at Concert [Video]
- Kanye West Reportedly Struggling with Paranoia and Depression
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Silence Divorce Rumors With Family Photo
- Kanye West Meets with Donald Trump [Details]