Nik Wallenda Walks Across Niagara Falls On A Tightrope [Video]
Rucuss staffJune 16, 2012
Daredevil Nik Wallenda became the first person to walk on a tightrope across the Niagara Falls.
The seventh-generation member of the famed Flying Wallendas, walked steady, measured steps over the roaring water Friday night for 1,800 feet. An estimated crowd of 125,000 people on the Canadian side and 4,000 on the American side watched.
Wallenda, who never attempted this feat before, calmly prayed aloud during his attempt. ABC televised the walk and insisted Wallenda use a tether to keep him from falling in the river. He agreed because he wasn’t willing to lose the chance and needed ABC’s sponsorship to help with some of the $1.3 million cost of the walk.
More from Rucuss
- Soulja Boy Gets Kicked Off Airplane! [Video]
- Black Friday 2013: Fights, Stampedes & Arguments at Walmart [Videos]
- Watch: Walmart Shoppers Fight Over Cell Phones on 2012 Black Friday [Video]
- Joan Rivers Slams Rihanna For Still Loving Chris Brown, Calls Her a Idiot! [Details]
- Nicki Minaj Leaves Her 11 Million Followers in the Dust, Deletes Twitter Account!
- Jeremih Disses PARTYNEXTDOOR On Stage, Removed From The Tour [Details]