Nicki Minaj Sued by Her Former Wig Maker For $30 Million [Details]
Rucuss staffFebruary 21, 2014
Nicki Minaj is being sued by her former hairstylist for $30 million.
Terrence Davidson claims the Starships singer stole his hair designs and talked him out of doing a multi-million dollar reality show. He claims Minaj told him if he did the show it would ultimately ruin their partnership, TMZ reports.
Davidson believes his wigs are a huge part of Minaj’s mainstream success, and therefore is asking for a minimum of $30 million for helping create many of her trademarked looks.
The Atlanta Journal Constituion reports:
In the civil complaint filed Friday morning in federal court, Terrence Davidson claims he and former client Minaj struck a deal to form a wig-making business to sell the wigs she made famous to the general public.
But Davidson claims Minaj started the business without his consent or knowledge, turning it into a multi-million dollar business selling his designs.
Some of Davidson’s wigs included the pink upper bun wig, the fox fur wig, the pink high top wig, the ‘superbass’ wig and the half blond-half pink wig.
Photos via Fairywigs.com and TerrenceDavidson.com
More from Rucuss
- Nicki Minaj Rocks Real Hair For New Photo Shoot
- Nicki Minaj Takes Off Wig, Reveals Real Hair [Photos]
- Nicki Minaj, Trey Songz Trade Words Over Remy Ma’s Diss Song ‘ShETHER’
- Nicki Minaj Blasts PARTYNEXTDOOR Over Ghostwriting Insinuations [Details]
- Remy Ma Drops Nicki Minaj Diss Track, Minaj Responds
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Her Real Hair [Photos]