Nicki Minaj Recreates a Carnival for ‘Pound the Alarm’ Video
Rucuss staffJuly 31, 2012
Nicki Minaj has released a new video for her single Pound the Alarm from her sophomore album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded.
Minaj returns to her homeland of Trinidad to shoot the video directed by Benny Boom. They manage to recreate Trinidad’s world-famous Carnival celebration, which takes place in February, for her new video that was shot in early July.
The Young Money rapper showed off her curves in carnival themed outfits, as she performed the single with soca music stars Machel Montano, Fay-Ann Lyons and Bunji Garlin. Check out the video below.
Pound the Alarm marks is the fourth single from her latest album, which topped the charts in the UK in April. The track has peaked at number nine on the UK singles chart, and number 39 on the Billboard pop songs chart.
More from Rucuss
- Safaree Talks Nicki Minaj Breakup, Remy Ma, & Meek Mill on ‘Wendy’ [Video]
- Nicki Minaj, Trey Songz Trade Words Over Remy Ma’s Diss Song ‘ShETHER’
- Safaree Samuels To Reportedly Sue Nicki Minaj
- Prince’s Estate Rejects Jay Z’s Bid for Unreleased Music Catalog [Details]
- Nicki Minaj Announces She’s Single, Meek Mill Shades Her On Instagram
- Kodak Black: ‘Lil Wayne Can Eat My Ass’ [Details]