Nicki Minaj Ignores Drake at 2012 American Music Awards [Video]
Rucuss staffNovember 19, 2012
Nicki Minaj beat out her Young Money label mates Tyga and Drake for Favorite Rap/Hip Hop Artist at the 2012 American Music Awards on Sunday night.
The crowd applauded when Minaj won and Drake even clapped for a quick second at the Nokie Theatre. But that was as far as Minaj and Drake’s exchange went. It simply got awkward from that point on.
Even though Minaj and Drake sat only a seat apart, neither one gave the other eye contact. And to make matters worse, Minaj stepped over Drake and pulled Tyga onstage for her acceptance speech.
This moment could all be about nothing, but its rumored that there is tension between Minaj and Drake. After the New York club brawl between Drake and Chris Brown a few monts ago, Minaj allegedly sided with Brown.
“Young Money till the death of me, but I don’t approve of people doing things that aren’t conducive to an amazing career,” Minaj said after the brawl. “I spoke to Drake and I told him from the bottom of my heart how I felt. I’m like, ‘Baby you are a superstar and I need you to realize that and he did nothing wrong. Rumors are rumors and that’s what it is but I just told him, ‘It’s time to remember who you are.”
Watch Minaj’s awkward moment with Drake below.
More from Rucuss
- Nicki Minaj Announces She’s Single, Meek Mill Shades Her On Instagram
- Safaree Talks Nicki Minaj Breakup, Remy Ma, & Meek Mill on ‘Wendy’ [Video]
- Drake, Tyga, Blac Chyna & Kyle Jenner Caught Being Messy On Instagram
- Safaree Samuels To Reportedly Sue Nicki Minaj
- Couple Alert: Is Drake Dating Video Vixen Cyn Santana? [Photos]
- Gucci Mane Proposes to Keyshia Ka’oir at Atlanta Hawks Game [Video]